Wednesday 15 February 2012

by me

I wrote the below for a school assignment, so I just wanted to share it with you. It will be published on a local blog called the SpokenDress around the 27th!
To Live Is To
As a society, we solely satisfy.
Our bodies bribe our minds to succumb to hunger and thirst.
This is arguably human nature. Purely physical.
But what about our minds? Our minds do not whine with the sounds of hunger. Our minds’ sole purpose isn’t to slake the need for more.
But what I am saying is that they should. We should. We are our minds. It is our responsibility to re-mind. That’s the beauty of this whole idea.
My idea is that we must never stop being curious. We must always want more. Not more material items, but more ideas, more clarity, and more connectivity.
There may be a thin line between our bodies’ wants and needs. But I say make it impermeable. You need food. You need water. But your wants should be anything but.
This is the challenge.
Your wants cannot be tangible.
Your wants cannot be of monetary value.
We should stop satisfying the physical, and start satisfying the fundamental.
I want you to always be uncomfortably hungry for more.  
More happiness.
More positivism.
More peace.
More balance.
Whatever you want, you must always want it. Your yearning must never cease.
And only then, defined by only you, will you live completely and fully satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful!
    going to read whenever i'm lacking INSPO.
    keep writing, it makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete