Wednesday 11 January 2012

infp

I took the Myers Briggs Personality Test today. I'm a INFP (introverted-iNtuition-feeling-perceiving), or an idealist. One of the top recommended careers for us INFPs is a writer. Ecstatic? Understatement. Not that I need reassurance that I am pursuing the right career path, but it didn't hurt. Over the last couple weeks I have come to the realization that writing is my "thing." It's my piano. I am better with words than with speech, and simply, writing makes me happy. The process where thoughts travel from mind to written word is my creative outlet, my little escape, so to speak. Another key takeaway from the results was that INFP's yearn to work and live creatively and without doing so, happiness/growth/success/contentment will lack. One of my terminal values is to do just that. This was also coincidental because in my admission paper for my program I referenced the play Moving Pictures by Sharon Pollock that emphasized this same theme. A lot of links linked together today. A ha moments ya know? I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment